Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to 2021 and Week 16! Who has the best vacation story to share? Anyone get Cyberpunk 2077? Anyone go sledding?
- Today after we present we will focus on review and reacclimating to school. I realize some of us may not have had as much practice over vacation.
- Let’s continue to remember our Covid best practices:
- No breakfast in the room.
- Keep masks on.
- Stay 6 feet separate when on mask breaks.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 “Last Looks” work session
Use this first window of the morning (9:45-10:25) to:
- Ensure work is complete for on-time presentations at 10:35. File names, locations, finalize (hopefully not much of this), etc.
- Complete any missing work to present at todays supplemental presentations. Quarter 2 is ending soon, let’s plan to remove those zero’s and missing projects today.
- Work on other CAWD related projects.
10:25 Mask Break (10 Minutes)
- We are going to take a 10 minute break (seat to seat) outside to take our masks off and get some fresh air.
- Plan on having a jacket, shoes to walk on grass, and potentially even an umbrella. You could even leave the umbrella on the floor at your station for the year if interested.
10:35 Presentations of Work
This morning we are going to turn off our screens and present the three CAWD Homework projects you completed while learning remotely. We have about 3 minutes per student so we will have to be expeditious.
It was assigned way back in 2020; we are going to be looking at 3 projects:
- Final Draft of Reef Animation
- Student Agency
- DH 14 (Free sketch)
This week Casey will be modeling appropriate constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an adversarial one.
We are going to separate the design from the designer. You can hate with a burning passion a colleague at work, but a professional designer can still give valid, relevant input.
Monitors off – let’s begin.
11:05 CAWD Review
I thought we would use today day with a class step by step exercise to model a hand and armature system.
This morning I would like to model, rig, and animate a hand.
We render at lunch.
Then after lunch we will do some video editing, sound design, exporting, and presentation with the hand animation.