Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 13.
- Nice illustration that is asymmetrical left to right, but symmetrical up and down.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Presentations of Work
This morning we are going to turn off our screens and present the three CAWD Homework projects you completed while learning remotely. We have about 3 minutes per student so we will have to be expeditious.
This week Daniel will be modeling appropriate constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an adversarial one.
We are going to separate the design from the designer. You can hate with a burning passion a colleague at work, but a professional designer can still give valid, relevant input.
Monitors off – let’s begin.
10:25 Mask Break (10 Minutes)
- We are going to take a 10 minute break (seat to seat) outside to take our masks off and get some fresh air.
- Plan on having a jacket, shoes to walk on grass, and potentially even an umbrella. You could even leave the umbrella on the floor at your station for the year if interested.
- Review of Weight Painting – a 3 bone fish for a bit more organic movement? (After this it is up to YOU to decide now many bones you think your fish needs?)
- Eyes on our low poly fish
- Giving emotions to our fish:
11:45 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:15 Wipe Down / Clean Stations
12:20 Final Setup of Reef / Fish
This is it! Today is the final time in class to work on the pre-production work for our Reef animation.
We are starting Reef animation production in class tomorrow morning.
What should we do today? Finalize the set:
- Complete the reef modeling and assembly (rocks + sand + corals)
- Do some camera tests around the “Town Square” to ensure we don’t see the end of the 3D world
- Choose your fishes for your story
- Rig as needed / Weight Paint
- Add eyes
- Practice / start animating if you are really ready.
This is going to be a work sprint to 1:05. We start animating tomorrow.