Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 21! 2 weeks of school until break!
- Don’t forget if you are thinking about applying to CAWD2 next year that priority applications are due March 5th! Same goes for the other programs.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Presentations of Work
This morning we are going to turn off our screens and present the three CAWD Homework projects you completed while learning remotely. We have about 3 minutes per student so we will have to be expeditious.
This week Daniel will be modeling appropriate constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an adversarial one.
We are going to separate the design from the designer. You can hate with a burning passion a colleague at work, but a professional designer can still give valid, relevant input.
Monitors off – let’s begin.
10:25 Mask Break (10 Minutes)
- We are going to take a 10 minute break (seat to seat) outside to take our masks off and get some fresh air.
- Plan on having a jacket, shoes to walk on grass, and potentially even an umbrella. You could even leave the umbrella on the floor at your station for the year if interested.
10:35 Web Design
- Inline / Embedded Styles Review
- Box Model
- Images, “images” folder, asset organization
- CSS Primer for 4 style properties
- Hexadecimal colors – available pickers, websites, and programs.
- Moving all work to “weeks” folder in prep for tomorrow’s homework.
- The idea of an “index.html” and autoloading on web server.
11:45 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:15 Wipe Down / Clean Stations
- Image preparation
- What you get from clients isn’t always ready to use
- Have to take into account composition, final output, file size, and look.
- Should be billed into your work with clients!
- Animating in Photoshop
12:50 Style Challenge
We present today at 1:00 from your “week_21” folder!