Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 22! After this week the next time we are together it will be March!
- Women Can Do conference is running this spring – is there something of interest you may want to sign up for? May look great on college applications, or just to try something new.
- Jack – today you need to be at the main CTE entrance at 1:25. Check your email. Better to get there a bit early. Plan on leaving around 1:20, hit the bathroom if you need to. You are looking for Mr. Dowman / Mr. Patterson. (Manufacturing co-op opportunity meeting.)
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Presentations of Work
This morning we are going to turn off our screens and present the three CAWD Homework projects you completed while learning remotely. We have about 3 minutes per student so we will have to be expeditious.
This week Casey will be modeling appropriate constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an adversarial one.
We are going to separate the design from the designer. You can hate with a burning passion a colleague at work, but a professional designer can still give valid, relevant input.
Monitors off – let’s begin.
10:25 Mask Break (10 Minutes)
- We are going to take a 10 minute break (seat to seat) outside to take our masks off and get some fresh air.
- Plan on having a jacket, shoes to walk on grass, and potentially even an umbrella. You could even leave the umbrella on the floor at your station for the year if interested.
10:35 Web Design
- External Style (CSS) Review
- Links to external assets
- Ordered lists
- Unordered lists
- Review of making an animated .gif
- Destructive Editing
11:45 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:15 Wipe Down / Clean Stations
12:20 Web Design
Today we are going to look at some of the new HTML5 elements, and see what they are replacing.
First – what are we trying to avoid – DIVITIS!
Do it for Sir Tim Berners Lee, the creator of the Internet. He believes in you.