Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome back! We have 6 “real” weeks of school left with real academic content, and then a half week leading up to CTE’s Recognition Night on Thursday June 10th. Rain or shine, both cohorts, and we will be folding National Technical Honor Society induction ceremony into it!
- “All energy flows according to the whims of the great Covid. What a fool I was to defy her.” With that said I HAVE attempted to create a schedule that may be changed by circumstances beyond my control. From a 50,000 foot perspective this is the draft plan:
- April – Review / Clicker Progress
- May – Work Keys & Accuplacer Testing / Clicker Progress – miss work keys you are required to come in on Wednesday to make it up.
- May – JS Gallery / Mobile Hamburger
- May – WCAG / Clean Layout
- May – Clean Layout
- June – Certification Exam – miss exam you are required to come in Wednesday June 9th to make it up. You must be in the room on Tuesday June 2nd (A cohort) and Friday June 4th (B cohort) to take it.
- June half – Recognition Night / Crush Cyrus in 2k21
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:50 Presentations of Work
This morning we are going to turn off our screens and present the three CAWD Homework projects you completed while learning remotely. We have about 3 minutes per student so we will have to be expeditious.
This week Owen will be modeling appropriate constructive criticism.
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an adversarial one.
We are going to separate the design from the designer. You can hate with a burning passion a colleague at work, but a professional designer can still give valid, relevant input.
Monitors off – let’s begin.
10:25 Mask Break (10 Minutes)
- We are going to take a 10 minute break (seat to seat) outside to take our masks off and get some fresh air.
- Plan on having a jacket, shoes to walk on grass, and potentially even an umbrella. You could even leave the umbrella on the floor at your station for the year if interested.
10:35 Web Design Review
- Responsive Web / Media Queries / Meta Viewport Tag
- Background Images
- Classes / ID’s
11:25 Web Designer Certification Exam Prep
Just like we prep for the SAT’s, or ACT’s, or WorkKeys, we are going to practice for our Web Designer certification exam.
This is important as the exam is multiple choice! This is excellent in many ways, but also means that we have to start working in that multiple choice medium.
11:45 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:15 Wipe Down / Clean Stations
12:20 Web Design Review
Review – Positioning and Layout
- Relative (default)