Welcome to Week 37 “Distance Learning” in Cawd. Inside this document you are going to find:
- Final Web Dev Clicker Games
- End of school dates update
- Tasks to complete this week
- Due dates – evidence of completion
- Contacting Mr. Cronin
Final Web Dev Clicker Games
Students earning college credit through CAWD and the Vermont Dual Enrollment Program (Website Development) had a Clicker game as their final product.
Take a look at what your classmates created.
- Logan’s “Donut Clicker”
- Anthony’s “Cookie Clicker”
- Dominic’s “Initial Click”
- Zac’s “Tarkin Time”
- Nico’s “League of Legends Auto Clicker”
- Garret’s “Cronin Clicker”
- Connor’s “Cookie Clicker Recreation”
- James’s “Math Clicker”
- Guac’s “Cookie Maker”
- Michael’s “Elevator Clicker”
- Carl’s “Keyboard Clicker”
- John’s “Samuel L. Jackson’s Game”
- Tatyana’s “Cash Clicker”
- Max’s “Cee-Lo Green Clicker Game”
- Mercer’s “Clicker Game”
End of school dates update
This is solid outline of what the end of school dates are looking like:
- Friday June 5th – final new projects due in CAWD. (This Friday). Attendance / Dayplans continue through June 12th.
- Monday June 8th – final Cawd and Cawd2 virtual get-together. 1pm next Monday. Optional, just a way to get students together if you can make it. Show off your lack of hair cut, say hey, etc.
- Friday June 12th – last day of school, last day of “attendance”. We will have an an attendance next Friday the 12th to end the year. Upcoming attendance schedule:
- Monday June 1 – Article / Feedback
- Tuesday June 2nd – Article / Feedback
- Wednesday June 3rd – Article / Feedback
- Thursday June 4th – Article / Feedback
- Friday June 5th – Turning in work
- Monday June 8th – Article / Feedback OR Drop into CAWD Zoom meeting. If you visit the meeting and say hey, you don’t need to do the Article / Feedback.
- Tuesday June 9th – Article / Feedback
- Wednesday June 10th – Article / Feedback
- Thursday June 11th – Article / Feedback
- Friday June 12th – Article / Feedback (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- Friday June 12th – last day to rework old projects for higher grade / turn in late work. Any project can up updated and grade upgraded from the 4th Quarter. This is up to you to take advantage of, and email me as “LATE WORK” if you want something regraded.
- Monday June 15th – anticipated day for students to come to CTE and drop off school equipment / pick up personal items.
- All student property will be in the CTE auto garage by the main entrance of CTE.
- There will be two adults (maintaining social distancing) distributing student property in front of the auto garage.
- Students will individually drive up by program and scheduled time to collect their property. (Time for CAWD TBD – this only impacts Shamir, East, Zac, and Michael who filled out the “What have you forgot at school form“)
- There will be tables set up and the student will get out of the car and gather the property from the table.
- Students will then pull forward to another station to drop off school property to two different staff members who will collect the property and store it in the next bay of the auto garage. What do you have that is CTE’s? Textbooks for math? Chromebook from Mr. Bisson? Science equipment from Mrs. Liguori?
- There will be tables set up and the student will get out of the car and place the school property on the table.
- Students getting out of the car must wear masks.
Tasks to complete this week
This week there are going to be two tasks to be complete:
- End of quarter Portrait Proficiency Sketch
- CAWD Capstone Week 2 of 2 (Final Draft!)
Part 1 – Portrait Proficiency Sketch
Your Portrait Proficiency sketch will need to:
- Combine all the 4th quarter Portrait skills you have worked on:
- Mouth / Eyes / Nose / Ears / Hair
- Ratios to build a realistic human portrait
- Be the final piece of art to decide if you have reached Proficiency in Portraits – the level of quality must be the best you can do. It will be graded as a double project to reflect the level of importance.
- Be a piece of art that could get you into different colleges and universities as part of your college admissions packet.
- Be any human (you / celebrity / random person / random creation).
- Be from neck/top of the shoulders up.
Take a really nice photo (as best you can) and email it to me by Friday June 5th at 3pm.
Part 2 – CAWD Capstone Week 2 of 2
In the final week of our Capstone production (Week 3 of 2) you are going to finalize and perfect your Capstone.
Remember this is a continuation to what you started last week (Week 36). Do not create a new project, continue to refine and perfect what you started last week.
Upload to first draft into “week_37” folder inside “distance”.
Due dates – evidence of completion
- Take a photo of your “Portrait Proficiency Sketch” (the best photo you can take of it) and email it to me by Friday June 5th at 3pm.
- Upload your Final Capstone Project to “week_37” inside of “distance”. This is the final draft. Friday June 5th at 3pm.
Contacting Mr. Cronin
I am going to hold “office hours” where I sit at my computer on Monday’s from 10-12. My work email goes right to my phone, so you are going to have no trouble contacting me outside of this. I will respond as soon as I can. I have already been in contact with students at different times during the day – let’s just keep that communication flowing as normal.