Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
The weekly latin root comes from “42 Most Common Latin Roots”.
Sat / Act prep
- Abbreviate – shorten, abridge. “Computer Animation and Web Design is abbreviated to Cawd.”
- Abstinence – act of refraining from. “The doctor prescribed total abstinence from caffeine to help with the headaches.”
- Adulation – high praise. “The champion basked in the adulation of her fans.”
Latin Root of the week
- ann, enn – year, yearly. “Students graduate from high school annually in the spring.”
- Cawd opens at 9:20 daily.
- The class hours are from 9:40 to 2:05.
- Cawd will have Integrated English with Mr. Bisson on Monday and Wednesdays from 11-12:10.
- Most work in Cawd is typically due Monday’s at 11AM (except Design Homework).
- Design Homework’s are due Monday’s at 9:40AM. (The only variation is these are due a bit earlier in the morning.)
- The Cawd Homework Club will run from 2:05 to 3pm on Wednesdays. Homework Club is required for students missing any work. The room is open for anyone to work, and often is filled with A and B students.
- 60% of your grade in Cawd comes from your projects.
- 25% of your grade comes from Transferable / Employability Skills.
- 15% of your grade comes from our Quizzes.
- Emmy Charron is the Cawd Guidance Counselor. She is the go-to person for class signups, SAT/ACT info, getting into college, etc. She is located in Student Services.
- Carolyn Dickinson is the Cawd Administrator. She is the go-to for any issues in the building. She is located in the CTE Main Office.
- My email is email@example.com.
- If you want to be eligible to earn college credits next semester in Cawd, your fall semester grade must be an A/A-.
- If you want to be eligible for the National Technical Honor Society, both your Technical Program grades and Academics need to be A/A- as well. (This looks really good when applying to college.)
- Our fall Open House is Thursday September 19th starting at 6pm.