Welcome to Week 38 “Distance Learning” in Cawd. Inside this document you are going to find:
- End of school events and dates (5 days of school – we can do this!)
- CAWD/CTE pickup of personal items / Drop-off of school items
- Option to rework projects for higher grade / turn missing work in by Friday
- We made it!
End of school events and dates (5 days of school – we can do this!)
- Monday June 8th – 1PM – final Cawd and Cawd2 virtual get-together. Optional, just a way to get students together if you can make it. Show off your lack of hair cut, say hey, etc. Click here for ZOOM meeting link, password is “cawd”.
- Wednesday June 10th – Awards Ceremony & NTHS Celebration Video will be released on the CTE website
- Thursday June 11th – Recognition Celebration Video on the CTE Website
- Friday June 12th – last day of school, last day of “attendance”.
- Monday June 8th – Article / Feedback Form OR Drop into CAWD Zoom meeting. If you visit the meeting and say hey, you don’t need to do the Article / Feedback Form.
- Tuesday June 9th – Article / Feedback Form.
- Wednesday June 10th – Article / Feedback Form.
- Thursday June 11th – Article / Feedback Form.
- Friday June 12th – Article / Feedback Form. (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- Friday June 12th – last day to rework old projects for higher grade / turn in late work. Any project can up updated and grade upgraded from the 4th Quarter by 3pm. This is up to you to take advantage of, and email me as “LATE WORK” if you want something regraded. If no missing work is turned in, or existing project reworked, grades will stay what they are now.
- Monday June 15th – CTE pickup / drop off.
CAWD/CTE pickup of personal items / Drop-off of school items
Monday, June 15th is the date for students to come to CTE and drop off school equipment / pick up personal items. **If you have nothing to drop off, and nothing to pick up, you don’t come to the school on Monday, June 15th.
All student property will be in the CTE auto garage by the main entrance of CTE.
There will be two adults (maintaining social distancing) distributing student property in front of the auto garage.
Students will individually drive up by program and scheduled time to collect their property.
The time for CAWD students 12pm – 1pm.
Only students that are collecting property are:
There will be tables set up and the student will get out of the car and gather the property from the table.
Students will then pull forward to another station to drop off school property to two different staff members who will collect the property and store it in the next bay of the auto garage. What do you have that is CTE’s? Textbooks for math? Chromebook from Mr. Bisson? Science equipment from Mrs. Liguori?
There will be tables set up and the student will get out of the car and place the school property on the table.
Students getting out of the car must wear masks.
The plan is to have both of the auto bays open. Students will pull up to the first bay and bring the school supplies to a table wearing a mask and drop off the school materials. A staff member will then retrieve the items from the table and place them in the auto bay. The student will then proceed to the next bay to retrieve any personal items that were left in the school.
Each auto bay will have two staff members collecting and distributing. Each staff member will be required to wear a mask and gloves and maintain social distancing.
Option to rework projects for higher grade / turn missing work in by Friday
Any project from Q4 can be reworked (for any reason) to improve your grade. Make sure to upload to the server as normal and follow LATE WORK procedure. No late work points will be deducted.
Friday at 3pm the grades are frozen … FOREVER.
We made it!
We made it! I appreciate how well we adapted to 2020 and all her quirks. We will always have the Covid-19 lens to look through when thinking of the school year. Thanks for joining me on the CAWD adventure, through our Distance Learning, and now looking forward to the next phase of our lives.
I really enjoyed learning with you, and wish you all well in the future.
Please stay in touch!