Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Happy Birthday – Raj
- Be Cool – Check PowerSchool – you might be missing something….
- Monday – You will find 2 Portfolio Reviewers / Coding for Mobile
- Tuesday – Fixing and finishing Coding / Mobile Coding
- Wednesday – Usability Testing / Coding for Mobile
- Thursday – Final Editing / Usability Testing / Coding for Mobile
- Friday – Final Editing / Portfolio Due
- Tuesday / Wednesday – Jan. 21st – 22nd – Presentations to class
9:40 Attendance & Article
9:45 – 10:45 Web Portfolio Production Cont…
Portfolio – Dropbox – drop the link to your site right here
You are on track if by the end of today:
- All 5 pages are created
- Navigation is linked to each page
- All content is in place
- You are done with most major styling with CSS to get things to look like you want
- You have run your html through the W3C Validator (each page) and corrected errors
- Your Resume (full PDF is linked) from your live site
- We can see your live site
- You have descriptions for each of your pieces of evidence
- You are beginning to work on coding for mobile
Remember: Our project deliverables are:
- Hand-coded website (you may use a CSS framework, but no WordPress) that best represents you and your work in HS (see content requirements)
10:45 – 11am – Break
11am – 12:10 Validation – HTML & CSS & Accessibility
We’ll take a brief moment to look at how to use these excellent tools to make sure your website is well coded. No errors – that is the goal!
We can also do checks for accessibility – which is setting up your site so that anyone despite a permanent or temporary disability can see, interact and access your site. This is now the law!
WebAim Accessibility Checker
An excellent developer tools from for accessibility is to add the WAVE Accessibility Checker to your browser extensions.