Live Office Hours: 10:30-12:30 Monday – Friday
- Have an images of things you are doing during quarantine? Email me. I’ll put a slideshow together.
- Public WiFi Map – very informative
- Week 28 – Last week’s “What is Due” is up
- Read this dayplan carefully. Do a little each day!
March 30 – April 3
Community: maintaining our connections, relationships, and learning that make up our Cawd 2 classroom.
Learning: Create engagement, build an online community and develop routines so we can keep’er movin!. Please join the class Discord Page!
Equity: Design learning experiences that provide equal access to all.
Start Here – Welcome to Week 29. Be sure to read over carefully. Below you will find each of your assignments.
Per instructions from Vermont’s governor, we are continuing our “maintenance of learning” model, which essentially is to keep connections and routines and not introduce “new” content yet.
The Quest v.2
For this week, you will tackle several quests. These quests are your assignments for the week. They are due on Friday, April 3rd – end of day (midnight). If you need clarification or have questions, contact me using the information above. Don’t wait until Friday. Do a little each day.
Warm Up – Set up your Week 29 folder on the server. (If you do not recall your credentials, email me). Join our class Discord page (link above)
Quest #1: Create of Habit in your Habitat
What to do with all of this unstructured time? The answer to chaos is routine. At least that is what the experts say. For this quest you will reflect and create/share your day to day routine. I wrote mine last week and have mostly stuck to it. Publish your routine on this Google Slide (look for your name). Look at the routines of others.
Quest #2: Get your News Here!
Investigate three news stories (of your own choosing). Send out three reports. Complete sentences in each of your summaries and in your own words!. (space out the work over the week to keep the news interesting)
Use this Google Form for each story.
Quest #3: Adobe CC Activation / Installation
Instructions on How to install on this link. After you have completed this task successfully indicate with a Yes or No on this form.
Quest #4: He’s Alive! 2D Character & Rigging
In addition to 3D character rigging, you can also rig up 2D characters. Here’s a pretty cool example of using rig controls that’s worth a view. The file is also available to download and inspect.
With 2d animation, you can add Bendy Bones – which is a regular armature but divided up with many segments to make them Bendy. Essentially the armature acts like a curve.
- Create a 2D Pixar Style light animation
- Add Color/shading (if you like)
- Add armatures but make them bendy bones
- Create a short animation of your character (hopping, jumping, stretching, moving) and try creating a workflow that includes the creation of a Pose Library (pose library instruction is in the example video below)
- Render animation as .mp4 and upload to your Week 29 folder (if you don’t know your credentials for cyberduck or filezilla, please contact me.) Filneame:Bendy
Everything you need (the basics) is in this very short tutorial. It moves fast so you may want to slow it down a bit. Your version can be similar to this. I also made a video that is slower and covers every detail, you can view that one as well.
Interesting look at blend/shading options with the Grease Pencil
Quest #5: Book Selection / Goodreads Update
Super simple: Update Goodreads with the current book you are reading. If you are not reading a book, go find one.
Update your progress by indicating which page you are on. We will be doing a project with our books later in the quarter….. So if you do not have a book, take some time to get one.
Local libraries are delivering. If there is a book you are looking for – I may have it as well. Just let me know.
Quest #6: Still Life
A still life is a drawing or painting that focuses on still objects. The subject that you are drawing never moves. The arrangment, layering and placement is entirely up to you. It can be any size!
A couple things in mind as you sketch or paint out your own still life:
- Find objects and arrange them in the composition you want – it’s totally your choice and up to you
- Choose the angle at which you will be drawing from and decide if you’re going to use natural light or an artificial light source.
- Begin sketching out the arrangement of your objects to create an outline.
- Once you have the basic shapes it’s time to start shading.
- Layer and some still life tips here.
Take a photo of your still life, be sure to sign & date and upload to your Week 29 Folder. Filename: Still_Life
Challenge By Choice – Experts Only….
The Challenge by Choice is optional. – So you can stop right there if you don’t feel like going any further.
The Challenge by Choice is ungraded and does not count for or against your grade. It is simply a challenge for you – because who doesn’t like a challenge! Only tackle the challenge if you have completed all your other work first.
Challenge By Choice – Making a Menu (Food Menu)
Restaurants are taking a hit right now as families are not going out for meals and are forced to stay in to cook.
What have you & your family been eating?
Using Photoshop or Illustrator: design a menu of foods that are typically eaten in your household.
The purpose of this challenge is to consider layout, design and continuity.
Needs some inspiration
If you step up and complete the Challenge – email it to me and I’ll post on Instagram!