Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS B Day
- I sent you an email last evening. Unfortunately I tested positive for Covid. I am not going to be able to be with you this week as you prepare for competition. However, I am connected via email and will be remote during the competition day to support all of you.
- CAWD1 Resumes. I am missing:
- Please email your final resume to me today. email@example.com. You must have it on competition day.
- Mr. Curtis will be dropping by resumes for those that have submitted already. Keep them by your computer.
- 2 production days until the State Design Competitions!
- Make sure you have clothing ready for Thursday. Business casual.
- Ryan Bevins –You Need to Take your Skills USA test today. As our pin representative, this test will be used in case there is a tie breaker in your competition. Here is the link – talk to Mr. Cronin when you are ready to take.
9:45 Skills USA Showcase
Presentations of our work from last week will be moved to Tuesday.
When presenting: You’ll share what each of your roles were. What part of the assignment went smooth and what areas were challenging. Lastly, let us know what skills your team wants to work on/improve.
When providing feedback: (2 stars and a wish) Name two things you think were done really well. Include a final item that could be improved upon.
Presentations this morning. The order:
|9:50||Thomas & Jackie (animation)||Ryan / Matt (animation)|
|9:55||Andrew / Kenny (animation)||Thomas & Jackie (animation)|
|10:00||Isaac / Dan (animation)||Fern / Ashton (animation)|
|10:05||Garrett / Emma (web)||Alex / Eric (web)|
|10:10||Ryan / Matt (animation)||Isaac / Dan (animation)|
|10:15||Alex / Eric (web)||Dan / Owen (web)|
|10:20||Dan / Owen (web)||Siddhartha / Emmitt (web)|
|10:25||Siddhartha / Emmitt (web)||Garrett / Emma (web)|
|10:30||Fern / Ashton (animation)||Andrew / Kenny (animation)|
10:35 – 10:45 Break time
10:45 -12:15 Skills USA Production – New Practice Round
You Will Have 2 Days to complete these – 2 Projects
#1 Storyboard Practice– using scenario, “grow” create an original animation storyboard. Your storyboard should be a detailed scene by scene of your prompt. What will represent “grow”? Include camera angles and helpful details for a modeler and animator to work with. Color is nice.
#2 The Animation:
- Using the concepts from the Illusion of Life, create an original animation representing your prompt.
- Discuss with your partner your color palette and objects you’ll need to model
- Focus on getting good illumination of your scene
- Select some audio for your final render
- Your animation will be 20-25 seconds in length with a title.
- Render in Eevee as .mp4 and place in this Google Folder with your Team Name.
- This project is due by end of day Wednesday. If you finish early, use your time to review the Skills USA 3D Animation and Visualization contest information in preparation for Thursday.
Nav, Navs and more Navs
With your partner, create (and be creative) with the coding of at least 6 navigation bars. Could be sticky, rows, columns, however effects, etc…. They should also be optimized for mobile (480px).
Your navbar (pages do not need to link). Suggested page titles Home, Contact, Gallery, Our Story, Press
When you have completed 6 or more nav bars:
Create a screencast of how those nav bars work and to show off your styles
Post your .mp4 with your team name into this Google Drive Folder so I can see how you did.