Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS A Day
- Three Day Weekend – you are off Monday
- English is going to be moved to Wednesday next week because of Exams for EHS students on Tuesday.
- If you are on track, you will be complete with the coding / linking of your Desktop version of your Portfolio by the end of the day. The site may not be pretty but you have:
- complete head tags with meta data
- page titles in head tag
- head tag with favicon
- all pages linking with navigation
- content in place, but maybe in need of some love
- collection of all your assets
- If you are on track, you are completing your mobile wireframes today. You only need one breakpoint – at 576px
- Next week we will finish coding for mobile
- Next week we’ll begin usability testing, checking code for validation and accessibillity
- Presentations begin on Friday!
9:45 Animate with CSS & Performance Tasks
Let’s start with Performance Tasks
Identify 3 scenarios/performance tasks for users to do while visiting your portfolio.
You could have them find and download your resume, locate a specific best works, find out your contact information….. you get the idea.
You will test these tasks with multiple users and observe and record your results.
Let’s look at some basics to assist your page interactions. We’ll play with a plug-in to our headtag called Animate.css
Head over to Codepen – America’s favorite sandbox!
/* The transition property can be declared as longhand or shorthand but must be done in the order below */ /* longhand -----*/ transition-property:color; transition-duration: 1s; transition-timing-function:linear, ease, ease-in, ease-out; transition-delay: .5s /* shorthand -----*/ transition:color 1s linear 0.5s;
Other animation properties – let’s test those out too….
10:45 Portfolio – Work Session / Jam
Interact with other, ask questions, get feedback and code, code, code
11:30 Usability Testing a Website – with special Guest
Special Guest: Ms. Kate MacDonald
UX stands for User Experience
Topic: Usability Testing / Demo
Performance Tasks that our guest will tackle
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- Skills USA preparation – Pins
- Incomplete Work
- Due Today – Wireframe of Mobile Pages