Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Monday, Week 16 – Today is an EHS A Day
- Late work – You’ll see a note from me on your desk with a summary of your incomplete work. When you complete an assignment, send me an email. I will know that it is time to grade that assignment.
- Game Day on Thursday, December 22nd. It will begin at 10:45am.
Your ticket to participate is to be fully complete with Q2.
Sign up to bring something – it can be small
- 20% Assignment for this week – there will not be a 20% assigned – so that means when we return from break I will not be asking you to present a 20% to the class. However, you are encouraged to use your extra time in class to work on your passion projects and keep learning over your break.
- Schuyler – Famous Photographer after mail check
9:45 Monday Mail – make a quick check – you seniors are important!
9:50 20% Showcase
The dropbox for projects is in Google Classroom. Presenting work to each other is not only educational but also a great way to practice and improve your speaking skills.
Filename example: 20%_lastName.(whatever file extension fits)
20% Projects will be declared by the end of the day on Mondays. A project may last more than one week. You might be building towards something. Be specific.
For example: Animation in Blender using a rig, Disappearing effect in After Effects, 2D sidescroller in Unity
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:30 HERO Layouts
A Hero image, text or video is common way to describe using large format images and/or text to cover the top of a webpage. This is a nice styling option that can be easily accomplished with a little CSS and some positioning.
By placing the image on the CSS background property we don’t impact accessibility. It is simply a design and aesthetics choice. A lot of websites use this layout approach. It is especially popular with:
Bands – Example
Designers / Creatives – Example
Causes / Organizations – Example
We’ll make one together. You may consider this as a design option for your portfolio. A hero page is a great way to have a landing page to a portfolio.
If there is additional time this morning, make sure you have a folder called WebPortfolio on the webServer. Inside you should have at least two pages:
- index.html (which is your about me page)
Check in with me when you have those files set up.
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- Pin Design – Two Pack
- Job Skill Demo
- Make-Up Work