Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is a MakeUp Exam day
- Ryan – Senior Portfolio Meeting on Tuesday 1:35 – 2:00 in m116
- Visitors – we have many this week:
- BFA Tuesday & Wednesday at 10:05 and 11:05
- Explore CTE – EHS HS students 10:45 – 11:20 Thur, Fri, Mon
- In general we have a lot of visitors on the horizon
- Skills USA Pins – Due January 24th – that is tomorrow
- End of Quarter today. 2:05 – that’s it. Gradebook closes.
- 20% will resume this week. Think of this as your first assignment – due next Monday
- Tom – Meeting with Cole in the IT department / (work shadow) at 1:15pm today – just a quick meet
- Portfolios – I need to be able to access: Please use this form to share the link to your final published portfolio/website
9:40 Attendance & Monday Mailbag
9:45 Portfolios Presentations
Emma Schuyler Matt Finn
During your presentation you will can address the following prompts:
- Walk us through your portfolio / What inspired the design of your site?
- Discuss your design inspirations and challenges (did you adhere to your moodboard?)
- Summarize the results from your usability report & changes that you made
- What are you most proud to show us from your portfolio?
- What area would you like to improve with your website?
- Share one of your fun facts or something from your extra page
- What are your plans for next year?
- Your portfolio will be on github or the cawd server.
Feedback – Feedback is crucial to improving and revising our work. Feedback is sometimes harder to give than to receive. Good feedback is specific.
Feedback Groupings: Group Three: Finn, Garrett, Emma, Schuyler, Matt
10:15 Animation – Our new Unit
The Power of Animation
Animation is a powerful way to tell a story. Animation can stretch characters emotionally and physically in ways that real life cannot. Worlds are endless in their variety and composition and the limits of storytelling are only limited by our own creativity. Do you have a favorite animated story / short / movie?
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
2012 Oscar Winning Animation
This quarter we are going to dive in. This is such a big field and jobs can become highly specialized. My goal help you learn what you like about the field and assist you on improving your skills in the areas you are interested in.
Here are some areas we’ll tackle to further your learning in the field:
- Animation History & basic Principles
- Careers in Animation
- Industry Terminology
- Pre Production
- Character Design and Development
- Asset Design
- Environmental Design
- Prototyping and Visual Design Principles
- Deadlines and production management
- 2D & 3D animation
- Modeling techniques (modeling, sculpting, drawing)
- Cinematography in animation
- Sound editing
- Rigging and armatures
- Post Production
- Output / Rendering
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:30 Seat Change Over
Let the madness begin – we’ll clean as we move computers. Did I say be careful already!
I’ll release the seating map after English. During the desk changeover it is a good time to secure cords, dust and clean around your area. I suggest you take your chair with you.
After you settle in, work on your Pin Design. If your pin is complete, you can start to consider your 20%.
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- Install latest version of Blender – play around – prompt – Playground
- Skills USA preparation – Pins