Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS B Day and CTE Red Day
- Vermont Foliage Watch
- Student Leadership Committee – Rep needed for CAWD2
- Python homework is due at 11:59pm tonight fyi
9:45 Monday Mail – let’s see what everyone is saying….
9:50 Transferable Skills (Employability Grading)
Think of transferable skills as part of your career tool belt. As you progress through your senior year, you will want to develop your skills to best prepare you for successful experiences after school. Specifically:
- Self-Direction / Working in Groups and Teams
- Clear and Effective Communication with others & adults
- Creative and Practical Problem Solving
At the start of each week we’ll take time to reflect on the previous week.
In the comments section of your evaluation, write down an area that you would like to work on for the coming week. Ex. I’d like to improve my communication skills by providing feedback to my classmates.
10:10 20% Presentations
Each Monday after checking mail and doing the transferable skills reflection, we’ll present the 20% projects to each other. The dropbox for projects will be in Google Classroom. Presenting work to each other is not only educational but also a great way to practice and improve your speaking skills.
Filename example: 20%_lastName.(whatever file extension fits)
20% Projects will be declared by the end of the day on Mondays. A project may last more than one week. You might be building towards something. Be specific.
For example: Animation in Blender using a rig, Disappearing effect in After Effects, 2D sidescroller in Unity
When presenting: Two Questions to respond to:
- What are you working on/showing us?
- What are your next steps? Where do you go from here? / What are you working towards?
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:35 Vermont Foliage Photo Assignment
Timeframe: September 21st – October 27th
LTA – Long Term Assignment
Details: 10 Photos that capture Vermont during foliage (maybe Vermont’s finest season)
Vermont is beautiful this time of year. People pay good money just to come to the state and drive around looking at the changing colors, wander through quaint shops and reflect on small town life.
How lucky are we, we live here!
The goal of this assignment is simple. Capture Vermont during foliage. You will use your very best skills as a budding photographer to build a very nice portfolio of images that is unmistakably Vermont.
Example 1, Example2
Requirements: 10 photos showing Vermont color & the following:
- Farm, farm tools, farm equipment
- Macro (that’s a close up)
- Urban color
- Some kind of water (river, pond, lake, waterfall)
- A Sign or Only in Vermont kind of thing
- Your Choice 1
- Your Choice 2
- Your Choice 3
Descriptions: Every photo will have:
- A unique Title
- Description that discusses the location or meaning behind the photo
- Metadata (like shutter, aperture, time)
Organization & Deliverables:
- Trello Board with project details / deliverables listed
- Location, shot list and meta data sheet (you will need to make this)
- Slideshow with 10 photos (all converted to jpegs) (your choice on publishing)
- Separate document with descriptions (inclusive of title, description, metadata) The reason for the separate document is so we can print and place on the back of the photo if your photo get printed/published
You have full access to tripods and the cameras. This is a long term assignment.
Do not keep cameras in your car or in an unsecured location. These are expensive pieces of equipment. Please take good care of them. If you ruin your camera, we do not have a backup for you.
Today, let’s create an organizational board with the project deliverables. We’ll use Trello for this.
12:45 After Effects Practice
- Motion Tile
- Edge Texturing
- Photo Manipulation with Effects
- Motion Sketching
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
20% Project – Declarations on the Board
Animated Personal Logo – Due Tuesday, September 27th
Resume First Draft Due today – End of Day – Dropbox posted in Classroom
LTA Photography Planning