Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today the first day of Quarter 3
- Today is an A Day
- Ryan – Senior Portfolio Meeting on Today 1:35 – 2:00 in m116
- Skills USA Pins – Due January 24th – that is today. Here is what I need (for now):
- 1 pin design
- RGB Color Space
- HiRes JPEG
- 7 x 7 (create new artboard, make it 7 x 7, cut and paste your design, center, export for screen!)
9:45 Careers in Animation
Careers in the Animation Field – so many!
There are a lot of careers in the field of Animation. Here’s a list of some.
More artistic jobs:
Pre-visualization (previz) artist
Matte painting artist
Lighting artist (sometimes seen as more technical)
More technical jobs:
Rigging Technical Director (TD)Fx TD
Head of Tools (R & D)
Visual Effects Supervisor
Director of Photography
Investigate one Artistic Job and one Technical Job and one Supervisor Job
(TD stands for technical director).
Select ones that look interesting to you, read about them and do a little research.
To earn an A for this assignment, do your homework. Your words, more than cut and paste. Assignment is in Google Classroom. Investigate, learn, share.
10:00 The Bouncing Ball
The Bouncing Ball Animation in its simplest form teaches you the basics of timing, spacing, weight, arcs, squash & stretch, appeal, etc. You may not realize it at first, but you’re really working with a lot of the core principles of animation within the bouncing ball exercise. While it is tempting to jump to other animations, getting the basics will help all of your other animations.
Let’s do this one together and it will serve as a chance to get back into Blender.
Specifically we’ll dig in to the graph editor and the dopesheet. Don’t worry about materials yet. We’ll use a control to move the ball. This will make animation easier.
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:30 Box Modeling – A Simple Bird
Let’s get back to Blender and use a box modeling approach to create a simple bird that we’ll use for a future animation. We’ll use a subdivision surface modifier and some loop cuts to make our bird. The difference between a truly outstanding modeler and a good one is in the details.
Make a Quarter 3 Folder on Google Drive.
Bouncing Ball Continued…
Ball Challenge Activity Assignment
(Bowling Ball, Bocce Ball, Superball, tennis ball, ping pong ball, marble, beach ball – you get the point)
- Pick one type of ball, create a five second sequence (24 fps)
- Add materials to your ball
- Add lighting to illuminate your scene
- Add some staging to make the animation interesting
- Use your camera to set up an appealing shot.
- Render as .mp4
- Filename: type of ball_bounce.mp4
- ProTip – You do not need to make a new file from this mornings exercise. Just make a new scene!
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- Careers in Animation – Due Monday, January 30th
- Skills USA preparation – Pins – Folder is in CAWD2 Public Folders –