Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS A Day
- #802PhonesDownHeadsUp Contest Page – Submit if you are ready.
- However it is not #802. The contest hash tag is: #SafeDrivesSaveLivesVT
- Step Up Day is Thursday – you do not have CTE Classes (but you may have EHS classes)
- No School Friday or next Monday
- Unity, your PSA and Skills will be the focus of this week.
- Skills USA competition is Thursday, April 7th. That is three weeks and change from today!
- Remote Link / Same as the one in Google Classroom
- PSA is due today. To get the full grade, it must be submitted as outlined by the contest guidelines.
- Drop your the link to your YouTube Video on this submission form
9:45 Unity – Code Clean Up – Fixed Update Method –
Raycasting in a 3D virtual world is like firing a laser from an origin point. In this project, you can use raycasting to determine whether or not the player is close to the ground. If the player is grounded they can jump, and if not, jumping is prevented. This will stop the player from being able to tap the jump key multiple times and prevent themselves from falling between platforms.
When interacting with the physics engine in Unity, whether you’re raycasting or applying force to a Rigidbody, it’s best practice to place these method (API) calls inside of the FixedUpdate() method.
The Update() method is called every time a frame is rendered, which is at variable intervals, but the FixedUpdate() method repeats at a consistent rate every time the physics engine updates. This helps gete smooth action and responses from the Physics Engine in Unity.
Link to the finished Code for your reference
10:20 Unity – Setting up the rest of the animations!
We created animations for the player character. Now, let’s add transitions between the animations and add parameters to control when the transitions are triggered.
We’ll then update our Player code to look for these parameters – on Wednesday.
10:35 Mask Break
10:45 English with Ms. Yopp
11:35 Skills USA Work Time & PSA Completion
PSA is due today. This PSA is to be submitted to the Vermont Highway Alliance.
12:45 Focus on Literacy
1:05 Mask Break
1:15 Production Time & Guided Support
Skills USA work