Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS A Day
- CVU Visitors today (and staff)
- #802PhonesDownHeadsUp Contest Page
- LINK to the CAWD2 Assets Folder
- English beginning at 11:30am
- Guest Speaker Today
- Amanda Crispel is a Professor for Game Design and the Assistant Dean of the Game Studio at Champlain College where she oversees students and faculty in the Game Design, Game Art and Animation, Game Programming, and Game Production Management programs.
9:45 Coffee with Corey | Character Modeling (Part 3 – Adding the Eyes & Forehead)
Today we are going to add the eyes and then adjust and tweak our vertices to get the right look.
- We’ll use the mirror modifier for the eyes but first we’ll have to move the geometry origin to the 3D cursor at the world origin.
- When moving and editing the transform of the eyes, we’ll have to do in edit mode.
- When the eyes are done, we’ll add a subdivision surface modifier to the whole face.
The Subdivision Surface modifier is used to split the faces of a mesh into smaller faces, giving it a smooth appearance. It enables you to create complex smooth surfaces while modeling simple, low-vertex meshes.
Since our character is cartoony – smooth surfaces will look best.
10:35 Mask Break
10:50 Guest Speaker
11:30 English with Ms. Yopp
12:45 Focus on Literacy
1:10 Mask Break
1:20 Production Time & Guided Support
PSA Storyboard – Due Thursday, February 10th
Five Assets and Assets on a plane in the Community Asset Folder (past due -Monday, February 7th – grading today)
Corey Character modeling support