Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is an EHS B Day
- 20% at 10am.
- Good Article from W3Schools on HTML formatting that might help with Resume
- ASVAB stands for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
- If you want to take the assessment it is on November 9th at 10am. Let me know
9:45 Monday Mail – make a quick check – you seniors are important!
10:00 or earlier 20% Showcase
The dropbox for projects is in Google Classroom. Presenting work to each other is not only educational but also a great way to practice and improve your speaking skills.
Filename example: 20%_lastName.(whatever file extension fits)
20% Projects will be declared by the end of the day on Mondays. A project may last more than one week. You might be building towards something. Be specific.
For example: Animation in Blender using a rig, Disappearing effect in After Effects, 2D sidescroller in Unity
When presenting: Three Questions to respond to:
- What did you learn this week?
- What are you working on/showing us?
- What are your next steps? Where do you go from here? / What are you working towards?
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:30 The Head Tag
The <head> tag of your document is a busy place. Lots of great information can be housed there which provides essential information for the browser (IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
This information is essential so that indexing browser bots and spiders can cache keywords, character type, viewport information, meta data and links to your style sheets. Here is a snippet that you can copy. Go to my repository (called a repo) on GitHub. If you create your own GitHub account you can fork this and have a snippet for yourself.
Below is a sample of what might go in the <head> element.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" dir="ltr"> <!--Means language, English, Direction, Left to Right --> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Title of your Page Here</title> <meta name="description" content="What is your site about"> <meta name="keywords" content="what are keywords in your site"> <meta name="author" content="who owns or authors this page"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0"> </head> <!-- The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page. It varies with the device, and will be smaller on a mobile phone than on a computer screen. The width=device-width part sets the width of the page to follow the screen-width of the device (which will vary depending on the device). The initial-scale=1.0 part sets the initial zoom level when the page is first loaded by the browser. --> </html>
Head Tag Slides for Reference
Activity: EB Elixirs
- Create a Folder on your desktop. Call it WebPractice
- Open VS Code
- Create a new document and <head> tag for the Company I’m showing on the screen
- Be sure to include all of the correct meta data to help out with Search Engine Optimization
- In the <body> create a list of flavors
- Save the file as elixir.html
- Right click on your file and Open in Preview.
- Rick click your preview and choose “View Page Source”
- You should see all your code and your meta tags
- So I can see your work, Open the Snipping Tool and take a screen shot of your head tag. Drop in Cawd2 Dailies so I can have a peek.
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is a communication protocol used for the transfer of computer files from a server to a client on a computer network. In our case we (are the client) and the website we are going to create is on another computer (server).
We’ll use FTP to move files securely back and forth.
Download if not installed on your computer. When you go to download, be careful not to accept the sneaky browser! It will be one of the first pop ups during download. That is why we read pop ups!
I’ll provide you with passwords.
Username example: email@example.com
12:45 Monday Model Challenge – Mobile Phone
Keep it simple and use your imagination or use the image above for inspiration. Old school or new school phone / mobile phone. Three Renders. This project will be stored for a future animation.
Create a Folder on your G_Drive for organization. Monday Blender Models.
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- CAWD Sweatshirt: Digital Design – Due Today on Gray Sweatshirt
- HTML Resume
- Mobile Model practice – Due Friday
<address> <hr> <section> <header> <footer> <br> What other elements can you use? <b> - Bold text <strong> - Important text <i> - Italic text <em> - Emphasized text <small> - Smaller text <h1> - <h6> <ul> <ol>, <li> <a> <span> <a href="tel:123-456-789">123-456-789</a> for Phone Numbers!