Class hours: 10:05 – 2:45
Mr. Bohmann | email@example.com
10:05 Today’s Notes & Attendance
Today is a CTE Red Day and today is….Sparky’s Birthday! Happy Birthday
Welcome to Week 9 and the last week of the first quarter.
So, the quarter ends on Friday, October 27th.
Friday at 2:45pm is the absolute last time you will be able to submit an assignment to me from Quarter 1. All overdue assignments not turned in by that time will receive a Zero (0). Forever! it will be like a tattoo on your gradebook.
If you hand in assignments to me, be sure to email me so I know to grade them.
Any assignments given this week will be part of Quarter 2.
This week: We are going to work with some visual effect plugins this week, embrace the upcoming Halloween with some design challenges and work on some digital image manipulation. Pretty normal week overall, so let’s dive in
10:10 Monday Mail – let’s check it
10:15 Horror Movie Group Project – Discussion / Sprint
Last week each of your groups presented your project. All teams agreed that if they had a little more time…..
- Go back, rewatch and figure out what changes you want to make.
- Make a list in your To Do on your Trello Boards
- Go tackle that list.
- This will be the only dedicted class time on this project. All teams will need find time during the week for improvements, changes, etc…. Every group has some work they can do to improve.
- Final viewing will be Monday, October 30th at 11:55pm right after English.
- Filename, Horror_Version2.mp4
11:50 Image Manipulation – Clipping Masks using Photoshop
This week we are going to tackle some Photoshop techniques to enhance the viewability of your photos. Specifically we will be creating pieces of art using silhouette masks to create some nice framing (mimicking real world items).
The masks will mimic the appearance of a matte around the outside of your photo, giving it shape. The final look and feel will be a white matte serving as the frame for your art. Behind the matte will be your photo(s).
To give some depth to the project, we can add a drop shadow and/or inner glow fx to the matte so the appearance is that the project has depth much like a real framed picture in your home.
Tools we will practice:
- Pen Tool to create Vector Mask silhouettes and/or magic wand tool
- Layer FX on the vector mask to give depth
- Guides for layout and distribute your work evenly
- Font Selection
Here is a step by step process for this project. Make a copy for your records.
You will be creating two projects to showcase your skills.
- Assignment #1 – The Single Image (Vermont Theme)
- Assignment #2 – Multiple Images (Personal Theme)
The Set Up:
- 10 x 8 inches landscape at 300 DPI resolution. CMYK Color Space. This will create some art that I can print.
- Your own photos
- Under each image, add your name and 2023. Be creative with font, spacing, size, etc. Tracking/Kerning with letters is best practice
- Vector masks must be easily identifiable.
Assignment will be submitted to Google Classroom. Due Date is Monday, October 30th
12:25 – 12:55 Lunch
12:55 Independent Reading
1:30 Design Challenge
1:55 Production Time and Guided Support
Dailies can be placed in the CAWD2 Dailies Folder on the CAWD2 Public Folders drive