Class hours: 10:05 – 2:45
Mr. Bohmann | email@example.com
10:05 Today’s Notes & Attendance
Today is a CTE Red Day and the start of Week 10
We are now in Quarter 2 – and everyone has an A to start!
Halloween tomorrow – the District has decided not costumes (so do not come to school with one)
However, let’s not let that sour the mood.
Wednesday is an assembly. I have some shirts for you, I’ll hand out that morning. I have your sizes
Several items are due today. Check Google Classroom calendar it is a good tool.
Next Monday is the first Monday of November. 20% Projects can be shared. 20% Projects earn extra credit.
LTA Slideshow – Due Date is November 9th – (Next Thursday)
10:10 Monday Mail – let’s see what everyone is saying
10:15 Affinity Diagram
Essential Question: What is necessary to make a good film / show / commercial / documentary?
An Affinity Diagram is a methodology (protocol) to produce a lot of ideas in a short amount of time. The process works best with up to 10 people. We’ll try today with some volunteers.
We’ll breakdown the process of the experience when we are done. For those that did not volunteer to participate we will turn to you for some observations of the protocol. Everyone, for now, just hang on and be a full participant by being present.
11:50 Horror Movie Showcase – Updated work…
Let’s see your updates from the second iteration. Order of Presentation:
- Dragon Flys
- The Fruits & Kevin
- Jim Awesome
- Boeing 767s
12:10 May The Force Be With You
We’ve spent that last several week exploring motion graphics and special effects as an effective way to provide visual communication of ideas and information. We’ve also spent a considerable amount of time learning our way around our DSLR cameras. It’s time to put our learning into action by creating our very own Star Wars fan films.
The Project: Star Wars Fan Film
Create your own original story, parody, promo, commercial. This is a team project. We will keep the same teams we have been working in. This will be the last project in your current team.
- The ….. Production Company Presents (this is where your Group Logo Goes)
- Introductory Title Sequence with special effects
- Closing credits with each team member identified
- Minimum of six cut aways (different shots, shot types)
- Saber Effects on Fight or SuperPower Scene
- Copyright Free Sound/Music/images
- 30 Seconds in length minimum (if you do bloopers, make it a separate project)
- Drawn Storyboard is a must
- KanBan Board (trello) or analog but you must be using a planning document
- 1920 by 1080p, 29.97 fps
- Filename: TheForceV1.mp4
Remember, a project (Trello) board (agile) is a great way to get high quality work completed quickly. I’m all for that. Plan on paper with sticky notes, use the whiteboard as your KanBan board or go entirely digital with Trello. The key to Agile is to create a sticky note or note for all of the details of the project and the details that make up each project deliverable.
What will your workflow look like? How will your team manage and share media? How will you divide up responsibilities? Will you hold a daily scrum?
Equipment at your disposal: Cameras, Tripods, Media Room (if you need a green screen), lights – (we can probably get some), microphones etc…Adobe Editing Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator)
A list of possible roles: writers, camera operators, actors, audio engineer, visual effects artists, storyboard artists, KanBan(project manager), titles/credits, director, editor, media manager, communications director, prop artists, equipment managers,
- This Entire Week – I will only be using a small amount of time on Tuesday for some instruction.
- No reading on Today/Wednesday / Thursday – we’ll dedicate to the project
- Viewing of your First Version will be Wednesday, November 8th at 11am right after break.
- Today – get started and organize your team and project
12:25 – 12:55 Lunch
12:55 The Force – Group Project
Planning and work session
1:30 Design Challenge
1:55 Production Time and Guided Support
- Sweatshirt Digital Design Due Wednesday
- LTA Slideshow – Due date – Thursday, November 9th
Dailies can be placed in the CAWD2 Dailies Folder on the CAWD2 Public Folders drive