Class hours: 10:05 – 2:45
Mr. Bohmann | email@example.com
10:05 Today’s Notes & Attendance
CCV classes tomorrow
- Student Leadership Meeting Today – JB
- Sketch Jam – Today at 1:25pm – Students in Drawing are invited to DCM to work
- Thursday: Ariel, Andrew, Jerry, Philip, Richard, Xavier – Senior Portfolio Mtg. 12:30pm – Yopp Rm.
- Moving to new unit – Web Dev – Let’s begin….
10:10 New Unit KickOff – The Web Developer
We are moving on from motion graphics and visual effects to Web Development and Design. Have you considered a career in Web?
What do Web Developers do all day? Have a look at common jobs and responsibilities
Over the next Quarter we are going to dive all-in to Web Development & Design.
You’ll see that I’ve set up a KanBan board with a selection of “ToDo’s”. This is our learning backlog. While not the entire list of topics, the backlog is a good overview of work that we are going to tackle.
Each “Done” status will be tied to some assessment of your skills. Some of the topics we’ll cover include:
- Web Design refresher
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Media Management
- Advanced CSS
- Flexbox Grids
- Calc() & Custom Properties (layouts)
- Custom Variables
- SASS (A superpower CSS preprocessor Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets)
- CSS Only Menus
- Modular and Type Scales in Typography
- Mobile First Design
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Child Themes in WordPress
- DOM Elements
- Event Listening
- Front End Frameworks
- Others? Tailwind…
- Version Control
- UX / UI & Usability Testing
Activity: Quick Review – Socrative Review
HTML5 – Modern Web and Semantic Elements – What?
Semantic means relating to the meaning of words and phrases. When working with HTML code and writing classes and ids (remember those?) using semantic terms will make your code a lot easier to read.
Do you know what a generic block level element is called?
Can you think of some HTML elements that are semantic? Let’s make a list
11:00 – 12:25 Fall Foliage Slideshows
At the end of your slideshow or when presenting – you may talk about your images and say a few words.
- For Sure: Point out your favorite image / explain why it is your favorite image
- Not A Bad Idea: To share any techniques that you used – we love technical terms!
- Indubitably: Let us know if you have improved as a photographer and why
I will ask you two questions from this group of questions:
- What was a challenge you faced during this project?
- What photography assignment did you enjoy the most?
- How has your study of photography changed how you approach taking photos?
- What type of photography do you enjoy the most?
- Do you plan to continue exploring photography?
- Have you shared any of your learning with others?
If we finish early – we’ll move on to some web work.
12:25 – 12:55 Lunch
12:55 Independent Reading
1:30 Design Challenge
1:55 Production Time and Guided Support
- Use this last hour to prepare for Friday CCV or
- Resume Second Draft
- 20% Work
Dailies can be placed in the CAWD2 Dailies Folder on the CAWD2 Public Folders drive