Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
Week Twenty Four
- Today is an EHS A Day
- Game Day Friday – Bring in a snack or sign up to compete for Cookie / Savory / Brownie Champion
- Storyboard and Modeling are due today – just show me / explain your storyboard to me.
- English will be at 11:30 today to accommodate 2 Visitors
- Ryan and Schuyler will have visitors – 10 minute rotations
- No 20% this week (over break) PSA should be on your mind instead
- Use your afternoon time to work on PSA work
9:45 Check your Mail
Let’s do a quick mail check on a Tuesday
9:50 Shape Keys and Drivers
Shape Keys are a powerful tool that allows you to move and manipulate geometry in a non-destructive fashion. You can store those geometry changes as named keys (shape keys) and then use them alone or in combination.
Let’s start by using Shape Keys to animate the mouth and eyes. We’ll play with the monkey to help us get a better understanding of how the keys work. The shape keys are found in the vertex menu in the properties panel. Blender will remember the various shapes that you model in the character.
Shape keys are like add ons. You can animate them with keyframes.
Drivers can be used to control the shapes. A bone can be a driver. Let’s add a driver to the Monkey so that when the control changes, so does the shape key.
10:45 PSA Worktime or 2D animation
When we come out of break be sure to have your work up to date.
Discussing StoryArc and PSAs
Scene and set design
|Week 24 – Feb 20th – 24th|
|Selection of Assets from Community Folder|
Scene and Set Design
|Week 25 – March 8th – 10th|
|Animatics (preliminary version of your project with sound)|
|Week 25 – March 10th – 17th|
Second Looks and feedback
|Week 26 – March 17th – 24th – Publishing|
11:30 English with Mx. Yopp
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- PSA Asset Modeling – Due Today
- PSA Storyboard – Due Today
- 2D Objects animation – Due Tomorrow