Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Week 18 – Today is an EHS A Day
- Three Visitors tomorrow: Volunteers? 10:30am
- Graphic Literacy WorkKeys Assessment – Thursday, January 12th @ 10:00am Room E109
- Portfolio Information and Rubric are now in Google Classroom
- Public Issues midterm Study Session from 1:30-2:00 tomorrow (Lance and Emmit you are welcome to attend)
- Wednesday – I’ll demo a pure CSS lightbox first thing in the AM. Consider pulling some images together today or use my sample images tomorrow
- Schuyler(11:30am), Eli(11:00am), Tom(11:00am) – Wednesday, January 11th
9:45 WebAim | Wave | Making websites accessible
WAVE is a suite of evaluation tools that helps authors make their web content more accessible to individuals with disabilities. WAVE can identify many accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) errors, but also facilitates human evaluation of web content.
Can you think of some disabilities someone might have when accessing the web?
WCAG publishes and regularly updates a set of guidelines. Link to guidelines.
WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) provides a nice browser extension to evaluate web accessibility issues directly in your browser. Go ahead and install.
Activity: Evaluate Local Sites:
- Underground Closet
- Southern Smoke
- Pure Pop Records
- Jericho Settlers Farm (I couldn’t help myself – it is a nice site)
- Waterfront Diving Center
Questions to consider:
What types of errors are you observing most often?
How can these errors be fixed?
Run the site through website.grader and get a big picture view
10:45 English with Mx. Yopp
11:35 Work Time & Code Sprint & Job Skill Presentations
Eli and Schuyler are going to do a quick practice with us.
Give honest feedback to assist each of them in their preparation.
Then, let’s jam on our web portfolios.
12:45 Literacy in Practice
1:20 20% Production Time & Guided Support
- Skills USA preparation – Pins, Job Skill, Interview
- Incomplete Work