Class hours: 10:05 – 2:45
Mr. Bohmann | firstname.lastname@example.org
10:05 Today’s Notes & Attendance
Today is a CTE Red Day
Run Hide Fight – Let’s review
- National Technical Honor Society – A few weeks left in the quarter
- A- or better in CAWD2 and in your companion classes
- Strong Employability Grade
10:10 WebAim | Wave | Making websites accessible
WAVE is a suite of evaluation tools that helps authors make their web content more accessible to individuals with disabilities. WAVE can identify many accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) errors, but also facilitates human evaluation of web content.
Can you think of some disabilities someone might have when accessing the web?
WCAG publishes and regularly updates a set of guidelines. Link to guidelines.
WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) provides a nice browser extension to evaluate web accessibility issues directly in your browser. Go ahead and install.
Activity: Evaluate Local Sites:
Questions to consider:
What types of errors are you observing most often?
How can these errors be fixed?
Run the site through website.grader and get a big picture view
11:00 English with Mx. Yopp
11:50 Portfolio Worksession
One of the more challenging areas of your portfolio is determining how you want to display your best works. We did several image galleries in class. You also can look at w3Schools as there are many lightbox options and sliders that take advantage of some JS in their How To Section.
I built a few galleries this morning – as I was thinking about it when I drove in.
- This one has a hover and grayscale effect Have a look.
- This one is a classic click on and click off light box that can be scaled Have a Look
- This one is a proof of concept – create a grid with a hover effect to open a larger version of the image Have a Look
- Here’s a half overlay – that might be nice too Have a Look
Here are some other items we built:
and if you want more options – here is a nice resource: 85 CSS Galleries
12:25 – 12:55 Lunch
12:55 Independent Reading
1:30 Design Challenge
1:55 Production Time and Guided Support
Dailies can be placed in the CAWD2 Dailies Folder on the CAWD2 Public Folders drive