Class hours: 10:05 – 2:45
Mr. Bohmann | email@example.com
10:05 Today’s Notes & Attendance
Today is a Wacky Wednesday
Photo Gallery while being specific – Do you have a style?
Call Backs: Andrew (Public Issues 12:50 & Science 1:20)
Yopp says they have a set of keys that were left from Yesterday? Anbody?
MMAG Meeting – 11.35-12.35 in D105 E (Jerry)
10:10 More AE – Yes Please – Making the Most of Masking
Animate using Motion Sketching
Motion Sketching is a good way to do simple animations of an item. It works by following your mouse movements. We can smooth those movements by reducing keyframes with the Smoothing Too.
Vocabulary Alert: Compositing
Compositing is bringing two or more picture elements together to make a single image.
Compositing can be done with video by combining still images, graphics and video along with color corrections, special effects, etc… to create a seamless composite.
Masks are a key ingredient to doing a proper composite. Masks allow you to determine the visibility of specific parts of a layer,
Masking is a powerful way to create and animate with Motion Graphics. This morning, let’s practice a little more with tools for Masks.
- Creating Masks – basic properties
- Mask properties
- Transforming and animating masks
Let’s start with some basics:
- Use a mask to hide something and fill with content aware
- Use a mask to create a parallax effect
- Use a mask to blend two images together for a composite
- Use a mask to for visual effects
- Use a mask to create a simple reveal.
Instructions for working with Masks in After Effects
11:00 AE Continued
12:25 Independent Reading
1:00 Production Time and Guided Support
- First Draft Resume – Due Thursday, October 5th
- Animated Logo – Due Wednesday, October 4th
- Sweatshirt Design (paper version) – Due Tuesday, October 10th
- AE Practice
Dailies can be placed in the CAWD2 Dailies Folder on the CAWD2 Public Folders drive