Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- We will be having two visitors today at 10:30. Assistant CTE Director Dickinson, and Superintendent Cobb. When they visit please be ready to answer any questions they have about what you are doing, etc.
- Quiz tomorrow – make sure you are studying.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 “The Challenge” Production
- Get your Pre-production packet complete / turned in / checked off.
- Once checked off move directly into building the assets you will need for your animation.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Unreal Content
- Music with Mr. Cronin
- A song to start when the game starts
- A victory song to play when we reach the top
- HUD (Heads Up Display) work with Michael
- “Run!” on screen graphic when Killz is chasing you.
- “Rest…” on screen graphic when Killz is temporarily paused.
Mr. Cronin’s reference files:
Michael’s reference files:
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Speed Design
1:10 Wednesday / Thursday Illustrator Project: VTC Knight
Today we are going to work on layering different digital assets we create. If we take a look at the night above and break it down into shapes, you will find that it really isn’t that complicated.
We are going to ignore the text. I want you to build a vector version of the knight / sword / shield.
Let’s think about the main areas, and what where we can overlap assets:
- The left (stage left) arm – create the metal color and then create separate black elements to go on it.
- The helmet – same thing.
- The sword – same.
- The shield, tassel, and tunic would be created with a large green ( or black) shape, then creating separate black (or green) design elements to layer on top.
The goals for this project are:
- Continued practice of the tools in Illustrator / Getting used to the interface.
- Working to layer design assets (that may be simple shapes) to create a detailed final product. Don’t get overwhelmed in the process, as soon as the lightbulb goes off over your head you will find that complex designs are actually rather simple!
- Practice exporting and creating a final .png.
Save your file as “(lastname)Knight.png” and upload to your “week_14” folder.