Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- First Quiz of the year tomorrow!
- Doors locked immediately after school today. Doors always locked Tuesday and Thursday afternoons due to meetings I have to attend.
- Class photos tomorrow!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Logging into the Web Server
This is how we turn our static work in for grading.
- usernames -> first initial and last name for everyone followed by @cawdvt.org
- passwords -> in your email
- port -> leave as is (if you changed it it should be 21)
- host -> …
10:00 Cawd Admin / Guidance Presentation
This morning we are going to have a presentation from Mrs. Dickinson and Ms. Charron. This is both a welcome presentation, but also a time to review the rules and expectations of Cawd / CTE. Remember the highlights that we went over in the Handbook:
- No bullying / harassment. Tell an adult if you see something that is blatant, or even that doesn’t feel right.
- Don’t try to go around the schools “Acceptable Use Internet Policy”. Don’t try the VPN’s, don’t install Steam, don’t download ROM’s, etc.
- No drugs / weapons at school.
- Social Media drama that impacts the school day can be dealt with at school.
10:35 Where you stand for Employability and Transferable Skills
- It is very early in the week – but where do you think you fall in regards to the our Employability and Transferable Skill Rubric?
- If you like where you are…keep at it. If you want to improve…do it. You are in complete control.
- We will talk about, and grade you together on Monday morning’s.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Blender Content
- Rendering – what is it?
- Accessing the Camera
- Locking the Camera so we don’t “fall out of it”.
- Doing the work vs. presenting the work. Get credit for what you do!
- Perspective vs. intended look and feel of a design. How you can control it.
11:30 Thursday / Friday Morning 3D Exercise: Bedroom ploor plan + ceiling
This morning we are going to start to work layout out the floor plan and boundaries which make up your bedroom. I want you to build:
- A floor (can be plane)
- A ceiling (should be cube based – the top of our room)
- Walls created with different boxes, sized and rotated appropriately
- Windows and doors cut out with Bridge as we did yesterday
- Use of a HDRI image to illuminate the scene
For grading create 3 renders called “(lastname)Bedroom_1.jpg” through “(lastname)Bedroom_3.jpg” and upload to your “week_02” folder. These renders will be at 720p in size.
By break on Friday we all want to have in a roughed out bedroom structure. Next week we will begin the process of filling / texturing / adding in interior lights / etc.
Remember we are working around our class photos tomorrow – so please be efficient!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Speed Design
1:10 Tuesday / Thursday 3D Exercise: Industrial Roof
Today is your final day to work on your Industrial Roof.
As always in 2 day (or multi day) projects, check back to the first day it was assigned for project specifics. We will do this as a class to start the afternoon.