Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Grace period day for students to take sketchbooks – some of us forgot them. After today it counts. Please take them.
- Students may stay today and work in the Cawd Homework Club. Would anyone like a bus?
- Class Ambassadors working with visitors this afternoon from 12:45 – 1:25
- As SOCIETY often happens without our consent (exams, visitors, etc), I can’t give you a longer lunch today as have visitors at 12:45. Sooooo…… I will make this up by giving you an extra 5 minutes at today’s break. I know, not great, but life.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 2020 Capstone Production
We are presenting tomorrow morning starting at 10AM.
Work goes into “capstone” folder (not in a specific week). This includes:
- Scans of hand drawn artwork.
- The before and after of your project if doing revise.
- Any source material or content you wish to reference.
Remember how you are being graded
Depending on the focus you chose for your Capstone, you need to be ready to present one of the following.
Assume that each presentation is 3-5 minutes in length. Be ready to talk about what you have done.
You will pick something new to learn about and demonstrate this through an applied project and explain what you have done.
Your grade comes from the acquisition and presentation of new knowledge.
The final project will be presented as an animation, song, still frames – whatever makes sense for your medium.
Your grade comes from applied creativity.
The final project will be presented in a “before” and “after” model. First, you will present the before, and then you will present the after and explain what you have done to improve the work.
Your grade comes from the improvement and refinement of your work.
10:40 Cawd 2020 Capstone
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (article will happen after our visitors leave)
12:45 Cawd 2020 Capstone
~ OR ~
Working with visitors
- You meet your student. Remember the #1 goal is that they feel welcome.
- Have them fill out the Visitor Info Form.
- Show them your best work, what you are most proud of, show them how to do something interesting.
- I take then to see Cawd2.