Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Everyone have a great long weekend. The vast majority of you (like vast) aren’t going to have Cawd tomorrow due to PSAT testing, so remember to bring your Design Homework 8 | Free Sketch when reconvene next Monday morning!
- Today IS a Tumultuous Tuesday! Schedules changed to accommodate.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Blender Content: Introduction to Animation
- Basic ideas of animation
- What is a keyframe?
- How can I create them?
- How can I edit them?
- Assorted practice projects to get us a baseline level of comfort
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Tablet Installation and Setup
- Installing drivers
- Setting up in Photoshop
- How we are going to store / pen in holder
- Getting practice
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance
- Check grades / upload late work
- Work on Cawd work
- Explore and create
12:45 Speed Design
1:10 Monday / Tuesday Vertical Game Asset Creation: The World
Today you are going to build the world for our Vertical Micro Game Level. I want you to build in Blender (maybe) and get into Unreal (definitely) what you are going to climb up to save your life.
When you leave this afternoon I want:
- A new game called “verticalMicrogame” created in Unreal.
- A level created that you can climb. Climb assets like stairs, walls, etc that you create in Blender, or terrain created right in Unreal.
- No Kill Box
- No power items
- No code
For my specific “Greta’s Angry” game I am going to work on creating:
- Landscape object with basic trails around, but with variations and different ways. Maybe the shorter way is steeper, the longer way is easier….
- Some Blender created assets that can be used to jump on and move up. I am going go create some solar panels I think as they connect with the Green Theme of the game, and frankly are pretty easy assets to build AND jump off of. Maybe even some turbines if I have time.
Create print screens in Unreal called “(lastname)VerticalLevel_1.png” through “(lastname)VerticalLevel_3.png” and upload to “week_08”. Make sure to show off your world as best you can. Taking time to create nice viewpoints and cropping of your world can turn a “meh” project into an “A”, and vice versa.