Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Quiz tomorrow! Study Group today!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Wednesday / Thursday Animation Exercise: Literal Animations
Today we will continue to work on short animation exercises where we will get extensive practice on:
- Dope Sheet Keyframe Editing
- Graph / Curve Editor Editing
- Rendering out animations
- Taking a topic and animating it appropriately
We are going to work on text based animations (literally, text is the star actor) that need to be visualized to the action of the word. For example:
- If you select the word “Buzz” you have to animate the word Buzz “buzzing“.
- If you select the word “Float” you have to animate the word Float “floating“.
- If you select the word “Fall” you have to animate the word Fall “falling“.
Each animation must be a minimum of 144 frames – or 6 seconds long.
Save your renders for each file as:
You will have 6 of these files if you are here for the standard Cawd experience, here until 2:05 yesterday and today.
You will have 4 of these files if you are here for every other afternoon.
You will have only 2 of these files if you are Logan and Jackson.
What I would turn into “week_09” if I were me and I was here the “normal” schedule:
These are a pretty common project in art schools (I did them for my undergraduate degree) and are great ways to fast paced practice without the full development of Toy Story 7.
Break it down to:
2 Wednesday afternoon
- 2 Thursday morning
- 2 Thursday afternoon
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Photoshop Content
- Attacking really cracked photos:
- keeping detail in focus
- Exposure Adjustment / Curves / Building whites and blacks
11:30 Thursday Morning CSL Prep
- Crop old border
- Pull out “yellow” tint
- Use Exposure adjustment / Curves to create whites and blacks
- Build new border
Save as “(lastname)TrainWeddingComplete.jpg” and upload to “week_09”.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Speed Design
1:10 Wednesday / Thursday Animation Exercise: Literal Animations
See specifics in this mornings section.