Class Hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Today is the Cawd Homework Club after school for students missing work. Would anyone like a Homework Club Bus?
- Today we will have a CTE Welcome Assembly. Wear your shirts!
- We had some students wrap up early yesterday and zone out on phones or web surfing. Please work to the end of time we have, there is always something you can do such as study for the quiz or work on Design Homework.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Assembly Instructions
- Sit together, not in the way back.
- Limit use of technology during the assembly, be a respectfull audience.
- If you get a give away, get up on stage, be engaged in SOMETHING you get credit for 2 article comment / reads in class, so if they ask for volunteers for whatever, get that hand up.
- You will get a 10 minute break from the end of the assembly. Look at the silver clock in the upper right of the auditorium. When you are dismissed, the clock starts, so go break right from the auditorium.
11:00? Break (10 Minutes)
11:10 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Speed Design
1:10 Wednesday / Thursday Animation Exercise: Literal Animations
Over the next 2 days we are going to work on short animation exercises where we will get extensive practice on:
- Dope Sheet Keyframe Editing
- Graph / Curve Editor Editing
- Rendering out animations
- Taking a topic and animating it appropriately
We are going to work on text based animations (literally, text is the star actor) that need to be visualized to the action of the word. For example:
- If you select the word “Buzz” you have to animate the word Buzz “buzzing“.
- If you select the word “Float” you have to animate the word Float “floating“.
- If you select the word “Fall” you have to animate the word Fall “falling“.
Each animation must be a minimum of 144 frames – or 6 seconds long.
Save your renders for each file as:
You will have 6 of these files if you are here for the standard Cawd experience, here until 2:05 both days.
You will have 4 of these files if you are here for every other afternoon.
You will have only 2 of these files if you are Logan and Jackson.
What I would turn into “week_09” if I were me and I was here the “normal” schedule:
These are a pretty common project in art schools (I did them for my undergraduate degree) and are great ways to fast paced practice without the full development of Toy Story 7.
Break it down to:
- 2 Wednesday afternoon
- 2 Thursday morning
- 2 Thursday afternoon