Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Visitors from SBHS on Thursday 11:05-11:35
7 Minute Rotations – Looking for Volunteers
- Station 1 – PhotoEditing
- Station 2 – WebCoding
- Station 3 – Blender
- Station 4 – Illustrator
9:40 Attendance & Article
9:45 – 10:45 Web Portfolio Production
Let’s talk Portfolio– Your Checklist should be complete by now – I am going to collect!
You are on track if by the end of today:
- Each page is created (about.html, ps.html, resume.html, fun facts.html…
- Navigation is linked to each page
- About Me, Resume, Personal Statement & Portfolio Examples are laid out with HTML code
- You’ve started styling with CSS to get things to look like you want
- You’ve uploaded your work to your web host and we can see your site live with what you have so far
- Your Resume (full PDF is linked) from your live site
Remember: Our project deliverables are:
- Hand-coded website (you may use a CSS framework, but no WordPress) that best represents you and your work in HS (see content requirements)
My best advice to you (and the best way for me to help you) is for you to sketch out what you want each page to look like. A rough sketch or wireframe helps me to understand how to help you.
10:45 – 11am – Break
11am – 12:10 FTP Files
While we are building locally, I’d like to go over how to FTP to your subdomain. For most, you do not have any files on your site.
username: the name of your website (mine is bohmannportfolio)
password: the one you saved in your google drive
Once you are in, you will see a public.html folder, inside that folder will be placed your index.html file and your images and CSS folders. Follow my lead.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 – 1:05 Literacy in Focus
Grab your book and chill. We’ll be reading today. No computers, no talking. Sit on the couch if you like or move your chair.