Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Tip – date all your items as 2020 (1/8/20 could be 1/8/2019 or 2018…)
- Week 17 – Many assignments were missing – so that will earn a “0” Zero – Check the What is Due section
- Visitors from SBHS on Thursday
- Drawing – begins on January 24th
- Presentation – Next door
9:45 – 10:45 Web Portfolio Production
Let’s talk Portfolio- Your Checklist should be complete
If you are on track, you have sketched or wireframed your landing page, which for most of you is your About Me page and have begun to code.
If you are on track, you have updated your resume, saved as PDF and begun to code your Resume page to include information about your Resume Highlights
If you are on track, you should be creating the other pages of your site, at least the head tags and laying out the navigation.
Remember: Our project deliverables are:
- Hand-coded website (you may use a CSS framework, but no WordPress) that best represents you and your work in HS (see content requirements)
My best advice to you (and the best way for me to help you) is for you to sketch out what you want each page to look like. A rough sketch or wireframe helps me to understand how to help you.
10:45 – 11am – Break
11am – 12:10 FTP Files
While we are building locally, I’d like to go over how to FTP to your subdomain. For most, you do not have any files on your site.
username: the name of your website (mine is bohmannportfolio)
password: the one you saved in your google drive
Once you are in, you will see a public.html folder, inside that folder will be placed your index.html file and your images and CSS folders. Follow my lead.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 – 1:05 Literacy in Focus
Grab your book and chill. We’ll be reading today. No computers, no talking. Sit on the couch if you like or move your chair.